Monday, September 16, 2013

Status: Second Class Hobo

+JMJ+

On my way into Trastevere one day
Thanks to Divine Providence, I am living out my dream of being a hobo!  Well, pretty close.  I consider myself a second class hobo, since I am living inside of places, going to school, and have a sort of job, but am really dependent on people's charity and generosity.  First class hobo would be sleeping on the streets.  Second class is good for now.  On Sunday, I moved from staying with an awesome Italian family to staying with a friend of mine in a small apartment.  In one week, I will move again!  Yay for not having a permanent address!

The apartment I am in this week does not have wifi, so my posts will probably be even more inconsistent than they have been so far.  

My weekend was very good.  I basically moved my stuff, spent a few hours cleaning books, did all of the normal things I do, and moved!  It's been awesome to spend the fast couple days with my friend, Corinne.  We've traded stories of our summers, shared pictures, and laughed A LOT.  We're going to have to give up speaking in English pretty soon though, or else I'll never learn Italian!  BUT, we have started praying the Liturgy of the Hours together in Italian.  It's really fun, and really funny.  It takes longer for two reasons: I read much slower in Italian and I start cracking up every five seconds.

We've started making preparations for the students who will be studying abroad to come, which is super exciting!!  We're going in just a couple minutes to see the apartments where we all will be and figure what we can do to make them even MORE AWESOME.

My Italian is coming along, by the grace of God, slowly, but surely...but slowly.  Everyone in my class has learned just enough Italian to start making fun of each other, so things get pretty entertaining sometime.  I love my classmates.  They are hilarious.  Just the fact that we all showed up in Rome to study in Italian without knowing any beforehand, really, is pretty funny to begin with.

I must end here for now.  More next time I am blessed (or cursed) with wifi!  Maybe I will get more studying done now that I don't have internet...well, regardless, in all things may Jesus Christ be praised!  

Pray for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment