Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"Let the Studying Begin!!!"-Things Erin Should Have Said Three Months Ago

+JMJ+

Greetings from Roma!
It is so hot and sunny!  I need to find some sunscreen!
But...ain't nobody got time for that!
Today was my first day of class...even though the academic calendar says the first day of class is tomorrow. Ha, typical.  In Rome, almost no website, or really any schedule for that matter, is very reliable or unchangeable.  Class was great!  Intro today included a placement test, a coffee break, and the beginning of our course work.  I tested into LEVEL ONE ITALIANO (yeah!!), with at least twenty other people.  I guess I'm not the only one who shows up in Rome to study without knowing any Italian.  I made more friends during the coffee break!  I met two other women from the US who are studying communications and canon law at Santa Croce.  I made more friends from lots of other countries.  Thank God for coffee breaks!  As for the course work we did, it was difficult, but it was good.  I've been studying all evening!  Stay tuned for pictures of my productive study sessions!  I hope that ends up being more exciting than it sounds!!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe your classes include a coffee break. is an nap scheduled in there too?!

    girl - if it's so hot why do you have a scarf on?! well, at least you won't get bronchitis because you definitely don't have time fo' dat! ;) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete