Friday, September 20, 2013

A Short Something, Better than Nothing!

+JMJ+

Hello!

Internet is indeed rare at this point, my friends, and I am indeed tired, so this will be short, but...well, it'll be something!

After three weeks of Italian class, I'm practically fluent!!

Hahaha.  Just kidding.  I'm pretty sure I'd say yes to anything if you asked me in Italian; except for one question:  Capito?  Well, usually, no, io non capisco!!

But really, class is going very well.  It's actually really funny; no one in my class seems the least bit concerned that we're supposed to start working on degrees in Italian in a week and none of us really know the language yet!  I am in good company.  My class has learned just enough Italian to make fun of each other, so class has gotten pretty entertaining.

I've been quite busy making preparations for the study abroad students to come at the end of the month.  So exciting!!  It's kind of weird to think that was me just a semester ago.  It's really weird to think that I'm now a student trying to learn Italian and attending a pontifical university in Rome.  Is this real life??

Well, I must be going.  Time to organize the semester calendar!  Yeah!  It's probably important to know what day class starts...yes, yes I should look that up.  TTFN, ta ta for now!

This is the beautiful view from my classroom window!

2 comments:

  1. :O that view! i want to come to class with you when i visit! except if it's Holy Week probably there are no classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this is SO much fun! Your mom gave me your blog address and I've read it all. I will be following you on your blog! And praying for you as you study...Love you, Aunt Judi

    ReplyDelete