Monday, October 7, 2013

Loose Leaf Paper, and Other Important Things in Life

+JMJ+

Tomorrow is the first day of school!!!  Woohoo!  I am excited.  Today, after the opening Mass, I made a Polish friend and ran into a friend I made last semester.  The Mass was SO beautiful.  Both the clergy and the congregation (well, most of the congregation was made up of clergy students) were so reverent and the music was absolutely beautiful, definitely elevating for the soul.  And of course, Jesus was there:)  It made me feel so blessed to be a part of that school.
On my walk home from school today
I got some school supplies this afternoon to prepare for tomorrow.  By school supplies, I guess I mean some loose leaf paper.  That's been about the extent of my preparation.  Actually, that's not exactly true.  There was also the entire summer of application paperwork and the month long Italian class.  But really, there was so much leading up to even that.  Everything in my life, growing up in the faith, discovering a love for theology, making good friends, going to Ave Maria, studying abroad last semester, and so many itty bitty things that, all together, have prepared me for my first day of school at Santa Croce tomorrow.  And constantly, through everything, prayer: other people's prayers for me, the intercession of the saints in heaven, the souls in purgatory, the powerful intercession of the Blessed Mother, and even my little prayers.  It is amazing to take time to step back and reflect on how God has brought me to where I am now.  So much grace!!!  Thank You, Jesus!!  With grace and loose leaf paper, I am set to go for tomorrow!

As promised, here is some documentation of our Iron Chef competition last night.  It was SO fun!  I was super impressed by what the students came up with.  I am pretty sure I wouldn't have come close the the gourmet level they performed at.  Annnnnnd it was delicious.  Can we do this everyday??
Each team had to have a main dish, a side, and a dessert
Team Delicioso--our winners!  Plus a baby and two small children...
Props to the guys for their winning side dish and delicious and creative Nutella mousse! 
Team Venture
Dolce e Bella took the prize for overall presentation--you can see why
Here they are with one of our esteemed guest judges.  There was some real pressure on our chefs!

2 comments:

  1. haha - all those girls have striped shirts on! and hey, that's sarah from our nashville visit right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep! She's here studying abroad for the semester:)

    ReplyDelete